9th Denpasar Festival 2016
Date: December 28 to 31
The 9th Denpasar Festival in 2016 plans to hold many varieties of performances and to bring back the art installation "Ebullience" as a form of joy, cheerfulness to celebrate the end of year and a warm welcome the next year in the Square / Puputan Badung as the center of all activities in the Festival.
The main event (main event) Denpasar Festival 2016, among others;
1. Wednesday, December 28, 2016: Opening of the Inaugural Denpasar Festival, Parade of Masks in the area Catur Muka
2. Wednesday - Saturday 28-31 December 2016: Music and Performing Arts Performing on the main stage Puputan, Contest Photo Exhibition "Denpasar Heritage Cities", Live Painting, Traditional Performing Arts and Film Screening Denpasar on Jalan Veteran, Handicraft Trade Fair, exhibition of Rare Books and Library in Bali Museum, Denpasar Festival Culinary Region (Denfest)
3. Thursday, December 29, 2016: Fashion Show Field / Puputan Badung Square
4. Friday, December 30, 2016: Tetrikal performances on the Main Stage Children
5. Saturday, December 31, 2016 Removing Sun Parade 2016 Area Catur Muka
6. Workshop weave palm leaves in the form of activities with diverse shapes berspiritkan Balinese tradition and culture with contemporary packaging progressive, full of inventiveness and creativity to stay true to the roots of Balinese culture.
Denpasar is the peak event for creativity of Denpasar's residences. Denpasar Festival is held at the end of the year and implemented since 2008, was originally called the Gajah Mada Town Festival.
At first, the hype for festival was previously called Gajah Mada Town Festival reminded us back to the times of Jalan Gajah Mada's ambiance. The spirit and passion of creative people in Denpasar, inspiring municipal government to create and schedule Gajah Mada Town Festival into a yearly event calendar, and at the end of Gajah Mada Town Festival at its second year manifested into Denpasar Festival.
This annual event is eagerly awaited by the people of Denpasar. Not only that, people outside Denpasar and even domestic and international travelers make regular visits each year end to Denpasar.
Many public interests are involved directly in the event, and with its limited space available at Gajah Mada location. Denpasar government since 2013 implemented an activity which was also called Pre Event Denpasar Festival. This event is an activity related to Denpasar Festival and to accommodate more of Denpasar people's creativity. Pre Event Denpasar held in August to November before Denpasar Festival held.